Even though we are a provider of short summer courses, we aim to provide high levels of training for our staff since we firmly believe that well-trained and fully-supported staff is key to the success of our programmes.
In order to achieve our goals, the following training is available:
- A comprehensive and mandatory two and a half day Staff Induction prior to the start of Summer School to inform staff of their duties and responsibilities and to train them in key areas such as Student Welfare, Health & Safety and Managing Juniors.
- A longer preparation period and Induction is in place for members of the Senior Team.
- For Teachers, there is a weekly Input Session (30 mins) which provides some training and a forum for discussion and the sharing of ideas on issues such as resources, methodology and classroom management.
- Preparation time to plan lessons is scheduled into the working day for all teachers. During this time, the Senior Teacher and/or Academic Manager is always on hand to offer support, guidance and advice when needed.
- All staff are observed and given feedback on their performance at least once during their period of employment. Feedback is given constructively and is intended to allow staff to develop professionally.
- All staff are given a short review and appraisal which allows them to evaluate their performance and identify strengths and areas in which to develop.
At Bede's, we appreciate the amount of hard work and effort that our staff put into making Summer School a success and we are proud to be able to contribute to a number of staff member's CPD (Continuing Professional Development), by way of helping them to gain additional qualifications.
At the entire discretion of the Principal, we may be able to provide some financial contribution for teachers who are keen to develop and do a DELTA. This would usually be for teachers who are clearly committed to EFL, who have performed outstandingly on the course and who can guarantee their availability to return to Bede's in the future.
Bede's will make a 100% contribution towards the cost of this qualification - RLSS NPLQ (course fees only) - to staff members willing to become lifeguards prior to the start of Summer School.
Bede's will make a 100% contribution towards the cost of a qualification - St John's Ambulance First Aid at Work, Appointed Person, Emergency First Aid (course fees only) to staff members willing to become First Aid trained prior to the start of Summer School.