At Bede’s, we believe that the more information we give you about our centres, courses, practices and policies, the more equipped you will be to make the right decision for your son or daughter.
Now more than ever we feel that it is important to provide as much clarity on student welfare and safety as possible. Our admissions team will be offering an extra layer of service and support to all agents, parents and students to ensure their travel plans are as seamless as possible.
Entering the UK
Children aged 17 and under do not have to quarantine on arrival in England if they are either:
* resident in the UK or a country or territory with an approved proof of vacination
* the children of someone who is fully vaccinated under the UK vaccination programme.
This applies to whether they are vaccinated or not .
5 to 17 year olds:
* do not have to take a COVID-19 test before travel to England
* must take a test on or before day 2 - arrival day is 0
Children resident in other countries
Children aged 5 to 17 who are resident in any country that is not on the approved proof of vaccination list must;
* take a COVID-19 test (if aged 1 or above) before travelling to England
* take a COVID-19 PCR test on or before day 2 in England - arrival day is day 0
* take a COVID-19 PCR test on or after day 8 in England - arrival day os day 0
* quarantine at home or in the place they're staying for 10 full days, or for the duration of their stay if it's less than 10 days
Test to Release
Under the Test to Release scheme you can choose to pay for a private COVID-19 test on day 5. If the result is negative (and the result on day 2 test result was negative or inconclusive) you can end your quarantine.
You cannont take your Test to Release test until you have been in England for 5 full days.
You cannot take part in the scheme if you have been through a country or territory on the red list in the last 10 days before you arrive in England.
Over the last 2 years the nature of travel has altered. The need to complete Passenger Locator Forms, PCR or Lateral Flow Testing has become a regular occurance for those that travel.
In the last few years, the Bede's Summer School team have adpated to the rules and regulations set by the UK Government and run a variety of camps for the Bede's Senior School international boarders. These have ranged from Actvity camps, Amber List and a Red List Quarantine Programmes.
With the experience gained by running these programmes, this has allowed the head office team to understand what works and what information is important for all travellers.
As such we have teamed up with Project Olive who provides world class testing solutions including Gold Standard PCR tests analysed in Government approved laboratories for international travel and Lateral Flow Tests to enable safely managed events.
If required and you would prefer to use another provider, please visit the link below link.